Valentines day is just around the corner… I’m not a HUGE fan of this overly commercialised day but I do believe its important to show your loved ones you care! Nothing says it better than the little things and who doesn’t enjoy a little spoil every now and again. So whether you do this for your someone special over valentines day or just to show you care on any other day of the year here is a quick and fun DIY you can do for your that special someone.
What you will need:
– A small succulent or plant. Keep it small enough for your loved one to keep on his/her desk at work.
– Off cuts of fabric. If you dont have or know where to get this you could use fabric from our scrap packs, purchase them here.
– An elastic band
– A ruler
– And a pair of scissors
1. Measure your pot, remember to leave an extra piece for the fold over at the top.
2. Cut your fabric to size. You could also use pinking shears if you have them, this would avoid the fabric from fraying.
3. Fold and flatten the fabric, we allowed for a +- 1cm fold over. This may vary depending on the size of your pot, try keep it in proportion.
4. Wrap your piece of fabric around the pot. If you are doing this alone, use a piece of sticky tape or press stick to secure the fabric to the pot until you have got the elastic band around the base of the pot.
5. Secure the fabric to the pot with an elastic band, the elastic band will also help keep the fabric wrapped around the pot. This is a no sew DIY so the elastic band is essential.
6. Add the string for decoration. This finishes it off nicely.