DIY Hat Stand February 9, 2015 – Posted in: DIY – Tags: DIY, Hat stand
We love hats. A lot. The problem is that they take up WAY too much cupboard space and just get squished anyway. So after seeing this beautiful DIY hat stand we decided to make our very own one – with wooden beads and all.
You will need:
- 3 Wooden dowels (we used 32mm pine)
- White leather string (or any strong, heavy-duty string of your choice)
- 7 Wooden beads
1. With some extra hands, position the 3 wooden dowels in a triangular formation – almost like you’re building a teepee structure. Make sure that the dowels don’t splay out too much as the surface are that the hat stand take’s up will be too big.
2. Weave your wooden beads onto another piece of your string. BTW – you can totally paint the beads to add some personal flair, we just loved the simplicity of the plain wood.
3. While your helping hand holds the dowels in place, start wrapping the string around to keep them in place, occasionally weaving in between the dowels to make the whole structure more stable. Tie your string, snip off the ends and space out the beads evenly if needed.
Aaaand there you have it – a super quick and easy hat stand for your huge hat collection 😉
The Zana Girls xx